Wednesday, January 05, 2005

BITS versus Atoms, born versus made, that sort of thing

Though this blog may differ with the mainstream, as I have yet to purchase an ipod or Tivo and choose to use cheaper alternatives if they perform the necessary tasks. Many times they do that and more.

My latest tech toy is a 2.5", 40 GB hard drive within a Firewire case. I've been connecting it to the computer with the ATI video card. This card allows the Time Warner cable to connect to the back of it. Using the ATI software, a complete listing of the day's programming makes recording easy as a click of a mouse on which shows to record.

Once the show is finished, I can disconnect the small 2.5" drive and take it with me. That means I can now watch my shows when I want and where I want. Try doing that with the TIVO.

Total Cost = $98.00

Firewire cable - $9.00
Firewire Case for hard drive - $20.00
Used 40 GB, 2.5" hard drive - $69.00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home